ROMULUS, MI (July 21, 2015) – Globally, the number of single serve hot beverage containers (often referred to as pods) create waste equivalent to disposing of 60,000 Hummer H2 vehicles every year (or 30 billion pods per year). In the U.S. along, 9 billion pods are making their way into landfills every year, and that number is growing.
Now, through U.S. representatives of a major European firm, American companies who manufacture, sell, fill or market single serve capsules for hot beverages are invited to test and purchase samples of the bioplastic compounds or pods that are 100% biodegradable and compostable. Company officials note that the products made with these compounds have quickly taken over European markets and have just begun being marketed in the U.S.
Benefits of the capsules made from these proprietary compounds include:
• Quickly and easily manufactured to be competitively priced
• As noted, 100% biodegradable and compostable
• Heat and pressure resistant – maintains rigidity during the brewing stage
• Has organoleptic sensory properties that do not affect taste, texture, astringency or aroma
• Readily available for testing or use
• Materials meet US and European food contact compliance standards
• Offer optimum combination of performance and price
• Proven in use, selling well in Europe; now starting in U.S.
For more details on the 100% biodegradable and compostable since serve cups for hot beverages.
For more Information…
MARTIN THOMAS INTERNATIONAL
Martin K. Pottle, APR