Intertape Polymer To Invest $ 20 Mn In India To Expand Packaging Tapes Capacity

The US-based company will expand the capacity of Daman facility of Powerband (in which it acquired 74% stake in September 2016) and construct a greenfield facility in the country

The US-based Intertape Polymer Group Inc, which manufactures paper and film-based pressure-sensitive tapes for packaging industry, is planning to invest $ 20 million (about Rs 135 crore) to strengthen its business and enhance capacity in India.

Intertape’s new investment plan involves capacity expansion of Powerband plant in Daman as well as the construction of a greenfield facility in the country. With this, the company is aiming to grow its business beyond North America, where it has been a dominate player, to fast-growing Indian market, which is expected to witness manifold increase in packaging requirement.

This announcement, made by the company while declaring its third quarter results, follows Intertape’s acquisition of controlling stake (74 percent) in Powerband Industries Pvt Ltd (a global supplier of acrylic adhesive-based carton sealing tapes and stretch films located in Daman), in September this year. The remaining 26 percent state in Powerband is held by the Desai family which founded the company in 1994.

“We believe that it is critical to IPG’s growth that we expand from being a primarily North American producer to becoming a greater participant in the global market.

This transaction materially furthers IPG’s strategy to expand globally due, in part, to Powerband’s presence in virtually every significant global market, as well as providing IPG with the benefit of access to a low cost and high growth jurisdiction,” said Greg Yull, IPG’s president and chief executive officer, on the occasion of acquiring stake in Powerband in September 2016.

Intertape Polymer Group Inc is one of the leading players in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, polyethylene and specialised polyolefin films, woven coated fabrics and complementary packaging systems for industrial and retail use.

The company employs approximately 2,200 employees with operations in 18 locations, including 12 manufacturing facilities in North America, one in Europe and one in India.

Website:www.business-standard.com

18 comments

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed!
Extremely helpful info specially the last part 🙂 I care for such info a lot.
I was seeking this certain info for a long time.
Thank you and best of luck.

You are so interesting! I do not think I’ve truly read anything like this before.
So great to discover someone with some genuine thoughts on this subject matter.
Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that
is needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

Great website. Lots of useful information here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans also
sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you for your sweat!

I don’t even know how I stopped up right here, however I believed this
publish was great. I don’t recognize who you’re however definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you are not already.
Cheers!

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other
person’s webpage link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same in support
of you.

Thank you, I’ve just been searching for info about this topic for
ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now.
But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you sure about the
supply?

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog so i came to “return the favor”.I
am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few
of your ideas!!

Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you’re using?
I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must
say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good
web hosting provider at a honest price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

you are really a just right webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible.
It kind of feels that you’re doing any unique trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a great
job on this subject!

Leave a Reply