Holfeld continues to be committed to innovation and technological breakthroughs assisting the sector to maintain profitability with their latest auto de-nest technology.
As a first-to-market Holfeld Plastics has developed a ‘one size fits all’ auto de-nestable range of punnets across its standard crate fit G81 portfolio. This announcement comes as the soft fruit industry is confronted by unparalleled weather conditions affecting yields and profitability.
Holfeld’s G81 auto de-nest punnet range offer distinct benefits to the industry packhouse:
- Automation in packhouse for optimal filling of crates with empty punnets
- Clear efficiencies in the packhouse through improved utilisation of space and product flow
- Enhanced packhouse throughput optimising on packhouse personnel and reducing filling lines ‘bottle necks’
- There is a Standard de-nest gap across the full G81 range of punnets (40mm to 85mm depths) and as a consequence with no adjustment to the de-nesters line changeovers are speeded up
- In conventional de-nesting punnet distortion can be a major problem with irrecoverable shape changes retaining a deformed memory – auto de-nest gives rise to a more reliable sealing jig and a more assured finished product
It’s a major breakthrough for Holfeld Plastics and the Industry. Soft fruit packhouses, marketing desks, growers and distributors now have a firm and trusted partner in automation.Frank Coleman, Operations Director at Holfeld Plastics said ‘ In this difficult climate for everyone we are determined to continue to meet our customer’s expectations through the development of innovation resulting in significant packhouse overhead savings’.For more information about the manufacturer’s fresh produce packaging range visit www.holfeldplastics.com