Troisdorf, 28 February 2014 – The Reifenhäuser Group will present its technological solutions for plastics extrusion at the Chinaplas exhibition in Shanghai from April 23 to 26. Under the slogan ‘Rethinking Technology’, the companies of the group will showcase their latest features and system technologies for the production of blown film, cast film, sheets, film coatings, monofilaments, strapping tape, wood polymer composites, as well as extruders, screws and barrels at booth G41 in hall E1.
Ulrich Reifenhäuser, managing director of Reifenhäuser Group: “In recent months we have developed strong unique selling propositions across all business units. These developments deliver real added value to customers and go beyond mere product improvements. Our focus is on productivity, quality, reliability and energy efficiency. We developed some completely new technological approaches to achieve this.”
- Extruder of the future: Design meets Technology Reifenhäuser Extrusion Technology shows an extruder study for the future that combines state-of-the-art design with innovative features. Some of these features, such as the new Energizer Screw for up to 20 percent higher productivity, are already available today. Other features, like the use of thermoelectric generators for energy recovery, offer a vision of what extrusion will be like in the future.
- Cost-effective production of high-quality wood polymer composites With its new ReiWood profile and matching line technology, Reifenhäuser Extrusion Technology is setting a new standard for the WPC market. The new developments lower production costs by up to 50 percent. The WPC experts of Reifenhäuser Extrusion Technology will be glad to provide more information.
- Blown film technology: quality at a good price At the Chinaplas, Reifenhäuser Kiefel Extrusion and Polyrema will present their new features for more productivity, quality, and energy efficiency in blown film production. Presentations include the new cooling systems EVOLUTION ULTRA COOL and EVOLUTION ULTRA COOL FFS for up to 20 percent more output, the EVOLUTION ULTRA FLAT flattening unit for faster and smoother processing, as well as complete mono to 11-layer production lines.
- Cast film, sheet extrusion and extrusion coating lines Reifenhäuser Cast Sheet Coating is presenting its new MIREX-MT polishing stack, which is based on the technology of state-of-the-art precision machine tools. Thanks to the high degree of automation and precision, changeover times – and waste production during changeover – can be reduced by 80 percent. For the production of barrier films, the company is offering the new ReicoFeed 2.1 feed block. It provides control of the layer structure during production. For the Asian market, Reifenhäuser Cast Sheet Coating sees especially high growth potential in cast films for surface protection. Visitors will of course find the necessary technology at the Reifenhäuser booth.
- Fully automated monofilament and strapping tape technology The new monofilament high-speed line by Reimotec achieves production speeds of up to 1000 m/min. This high speed enables the production of very small deniers from 0.06 mm. For the production of strapping tape, Reimotec is offering a fully automated technology for very high strengths that processes 100 percent recycled PET material. For higher product quality, both technologies are offered as a complete solution – including the production line, real-time quality inspection, and winder – from one source.
- Highly wear-resistant screws and barrels Reiloy Metall is presenting its highly wear-resistant screws and barrels for extrusion and injection moulding, manufactured in Germany in lengths up to 9 metres. Proprietary alloys and production methods ensure the extremely high quality of Reiloy products. Reiloy components are used in all Reifenhäuser systems, as well as in the machines of leading injection moulders like Arburg, KraussMaffei and Engel.
The Chinese subsidiary Reifenhäuser Plastic Machinery will be present at the exhibition. The Suzhou-based company’s scope of responsibility was expanded in April 2013. In addition to service, the company and its more than 20 employees also took charge of sales in China. A German engineer will join the team in April 2014 to further strengthen the subsidiary. As the head of sales and service, he will be responsible for sales, project management, technical customer consulting and the after-sales business.
Ralf Pampus, managing director of Reifenhäuser China: “We see great potential for growth in Asia and particularly here in China. Our primary focus for the future will be first-class service and a good sales network. Strengthening the team in our Chinese branch was a logical step for us that has already paid for itself: Sales are up significantly since early 2013, e.g for recycled PET applications, PET strapping tape lines, barrier films and sheets, agricultural film and nonwovens. We have confidence in our ability to continue this trend through close relationship with customers, fast response, and expertise on site.”