VDMA elects new board and chairman
At VDMA’s General Assembly held last Thursday (June 18), the member firms of German Plastics and Rubber Machinery Association elected a new Board for the period 2009 to 2012; the new members are:
* Günter BACHMANN, Coperion, Stuttgart
* Lutz BUSCH, Kampf Schneid- und Wickeltechnik GmbH, Wiehl
* Jan-Udo KREYENBORG, Kreyenborg GmbH, Münster
* Walter KURTZ, Kurtz GmbH, Kreutzwertheim
* Ulrich REIFENHÄUSER, Reifenhäuser GmbH, Troisdorf
* Dr. Peter SCHMIDT, Troester GmbH, Hanover
* Peter STEINBECK, Windmöller & Hölscher KG, Lengerich
* Dr. Dietmar STRAUB, Krauss Maffei AG, Munich
* Wolfgang STUDENER, Battenfeld Extrusionstechnik GmbH, Bad Oeynhausen
* Dr. Olaf WEILAND, Kautex Maschinenbau GmbH, Bonn
* Peter WELLENHOFER, Brückner Technology Holding, Siegsdorf
* Rainer ZIMMERMANN, AZO GmbH, Osterburken
At the inaugural session that followed, the Board elected Ulrich Reifenhäuser, managing partner of the company of the same name, as Chairman and Peter Steinbeck, managing partner of Windmöller & Hölscher KG, as his deputy.
Ulrich Reifenhäuser replaces Jan-Udo Kreyenborg, managing partner of the Kreyenborg Group, who had been at the helm of the Board of the Plastics and Rubber Machinery Association for four and a half years. On behalf of the Board, the office and all the member firms, Ulrich Reifenhäuser paid tribute to all that Jan-Udo Kreyenborg had achieved and thanked him for his commitment to the German plastics and rubber machinery industry.