Romi has 84 years of history and more than 150.000 installed machines worldwide, a milestone conquered with quality and reliability
UK’s largest machine tools exhibition takes place between 7th and 11th April, at Birmingham’s NEC. It is a biennial exhibition which brings together all the best innovations and latest developments to come from the manufacturing technologies sectors.
On its 148m² booth 5751 in Hall 5, Romi will exhibit four machines, developed using state of the art technology and first class manufacturing processes. They are recognized worldwide for its productivity, quality, consistency and technical excellence that offer a competitive advantage for its users. The machines on show include:
• 5-Axis Vertical Machining Centre ROMI DCM 620-5X
• Turning Centre ROMI GL 350B
• Vertical Machining Centre ROMI D 800
• Combination Teach Lathe ROMI C 420 x 1,000mm
By having an international presence since 1944, Romi has an expertise supplying machines worldwide and managing sales and service through its subsidiaries located in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, United States, and Mexico. Livaldo Aguiar dos Santos, CEO, says: “Romi’s strategy is to become more and more a global player, and we have strengthened our position in Europe and the US. Our continued presence at MACH reaffirms the importance of the UK market and its customers for Romi.”
Machines displayed at MACH, Birmingham, 2014:
ROMI DCM 620 – 5X – CNC 5-Axis Vertical Machining Centre
A high tech solution for machining complex profiles with optimized machining processes. The ROMI DCM 620-5X is an advanced vertical machining centre designed for 5-axis machining of complex shapes at high speed. With this 5-axis machine, users can handle complex machining of components in a single set up, significantly reducing the machining time and increasing the efficiency, accuracy and productivity. Rotary axis (C-axis) and the tilt axis (B-axis). The N rotary/tilt table offers high rigidity. It is equipped with linear encoders, ensuring accuracy with 5-axis simultaneous machining, offering accuracy on the produced complex parts.
• CNC Siemens 840D with 15″ colour screen
• Spindle taper with BT/40 interface
• Spindle Motor of 24hp / 18 kW (Regime S6 40% – 10 min)
• Speed range from 12 to 12,000rpm
• Through spindle coolant
• Linear guides roller for X,Y and Z axis
• 32 position automatic tool changer
ROMI GL 350B – CNC Turning Centre
Excellent levels of power, torque and speed for high precision machining. The ROMI GL350B Turning Centre was designed to operate in mid to high volume production environments, giving an increase in productivity and profitability. It features high torque, high dimensional precision and great efficiency with minimal machining down time.
• Headstock (left): 4,000 rpm (ASA A2-8”), built-in (with incorporated motor), 33 hp / 25 kW
• Longitudinal and cross carriages, leaning on ultra-precise linear guides, giving excellent positioning and repeatability
• 12-station programmable turret with BMT-65 type tool disk, for fixed and driven tools. The Y axis enables turning operations out of workpiece center line offering flexibility for drilling, milling and tapping operations with only one fixation
• Fanuc 0i – TD control system, with 10.4″ LCD colour screen
ROMI D 800 – CNC Vertical Machining Centre
Technology which provides reliability and high volume productivity machining. The Vertical Machining Centre ROMI D 800 is designed to operate in medium to high production environments. It is a robust machine with the rigidity, stability, accuracy and versatility of machining processes required to produce many different components in a variety of materials.
• Robust designed machine bed and column made from cast iron and designed to support heavy loads to absorb machining vibrations in even the most severe conditions and at full power
• Table size of 914 x 500mm, X/Y/Z travels of 800/530/580mm
• Spindle ranges of 8,000 or 10,000rpm with options for thru spindle coolant
• Rapid traverse rate up to 30 m/min, standard ATC capacity of 30 tools
• Work area with optimal chip evacuation and efficient cleaning system
• CNC Siemens Sinumerik 828D or Fanuc 0i-MD both with 10.4” LCD colour screen, Ethernet interface for factory networking, offering great flexibility for programs and parameters loading
ROMI C 420 – CNC Combination Lathe
Fast setup times and quick & easy programming. The Combination Teach Lathe ROMI C 420 is designed to operate in low production or toolroom environments. It is a very sturdy machine with high accuracy and versatility of machining processes required to produce different turned components.
• Flatbed construction, made from cast iron and designed to withstand machining vibrations on a variety of materials
• Spindle nose ASA A2-5″, (max. torque 115Nm), 420mm swing over the bed, 10hp / 7.5kW (regime S2 – 30min) Siemens AC main motor
• 8-station disc turret or 3 way quick change toolpost
• Rapid traverse rate up to 10 m/min
• CNC Siemens Sinumerik 828D with 10.4” LCD colour screen, USB and Ethernet interface for factory networking, offering great flexibility for programs and parameters loading
About Romi – Industrias Romi S.A. (Bovespa: ROMI3), founded in 1930, is the market leader in the Brazilian machinery and equipment industry. The company is listed in the “Novo Mercado” category, which is reserved for companies with the highest degree of corporate governance on the Bovespa.The company manufactures machine tools, mainly lathes and machining centers, plastic injection and blow molding machines for thermoplastics and parts made of grey, nodular or vermicular cast iron, which are supplied rough or machined. The company’s products and services are sold globally and used by a variety of industries, such as the automotive, general consumer goods and industrial and agricultural machinery and equipment industries.www.romi.com