Registration Opens For Spi’s ‘Business Of Plastics Conference’ At Npe2015
Sessions Range from Cyber Security and 3D Printing to Legal Affairs and Advanced Technologies in Three-Day Conference with 37 Presentations
WASHINGTON, DC, U.S.A., September 18, 2014: NPE2015 attendees can now register for the “Business of Plastics Conference,” a three-day program held during NPE, which provides business and technical presentations on issues currently of concern to plastics professionals, it was announced today by SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association, producer of the triennial NPE.
NPE2015: The International Plastics Showcase will take place March 23-27, 2015 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. The Business of Plastics Conference, also produced by SPI, will be held during the first three days of the exposition. NPE2015 attendees can register for the Conference as part of the process of registering for the show.
The Business of Plastics Conference will consist of 37 presentations (see accompanying table for a summary of the agenda). Session topics will include:
● Cyber Security, focusing on protecting business sites.
● Substrate Enhancement Effects, including surface treating, decorating, and integrated electronic functionality.
● Legal & Regulatory affairs such as tax and compliances issues.
● NPE3D™, technical presentations complementing SPI’s NPE3D™ exhibition on 3D printing located on the NPE exhibit floor.
● Outside Market Forces such as the public image of plastics, workforce issues, and global business and technical trends.
● Material Sciences, presentations ranging from sustainability issues to developments in composite vessels, thin-walled connectors, and TPEs.
● Accelerated Product Development, covering diverse techniques for shortening time to market.
● Advanced Manufacturing, with topics ranging from thick-wall lenses to new composite processes to energy management.
● Sustainability as a Part of the Business Case for Thermoplastic Composites (hosted by the American Composites Manufacturers Association [ACMA]), focusing on emerging technologies, case studies, material innovations, and opportunities in a market driven by the sustainability-conscious customer.
Charges for attending the Conference are in addition to the fee for NPE2015 show registration. Discounts are available for SPI members and those registering in advance.
A detailed agenda is posted at http://www.npe.org/general-information/spi-business-plastics-conference.
The Business of Plastics Conference is one of five educational events co-located with NPE2015. The others are the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) ANTEC® 2015; a Spanish-language seminar sponsored by Carvajal Medios B2G; the Southern District Design Conference organized by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA); and two IDSA-sponsored panel discussions on design that are free to NPE attendees.