Multi-Pavilion Attraction Will Feature New Green Technologies, Recycling Demonstrations, Recycled Product Showcases, Product Lifecycle Education, Other Events
WASHINGTON, DC, U.S.A., June 11, 2014: SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association will dedicate a special sector of the exhibit floor at NPE2015: The International Plastics Showcase to serve as a “Zero Waste Zone” focusing on the industry mandate to reduce, reuse, and recycle plastics. Produced by SPI, NPE2015 will take place March 23-27, 2015.
Reflecting SPI’s commitment to pursuing zero waste, the Zero Waste Zone will present recycling demonstrations, multiple displays of products made with post-consumer recycled material, a cradle-to-cradle education experience, and special events. Surrounding the Zero Waste Zone will be the Recycling Pavilion, with exhibits by recycling companies and suppliers of recycling technologies, and the Sustainability Pavilion, featuring technologies that benefit the environment. The entire sector will be located in the South Hall of the Orange County Convention Center, the venue for NPE2015 in Orlando, Florida.
Some of the programs, early participants, and events already planned for the Zero Waste Zone are:
● Recycling demonstration by Rapid Granulator Inc., which will process PET products into reusable flakes. Additional demonstrations are planned
● Products made from recycled plastics, displayed by companies such as Dell, EcoStrate, Green Toys, Preserve Products, Seventh Generation, and TerraCycle, with more to be announced.
● PET recycling / sustainability van provided by the HB Media publication PETplanet Insider.
● ‘Pursuing Zero Waste’ Wall, where NPE2015 attendees can pin their business cards to show their commitment to zero waste (and become eligible to win a motorcycle).
● International Beer Garden, an attendee networking spot opening at 11 A.M. daily, where special events will be held.
“The reuse and recycling of plastics, as well as the reduction of plastics waste, are top priorities in our industry and for SPI and its industry partners,” said Gene Sanders, SPI’s senior vice president of trade shows and conferences. “The Zero Waste Zone and the surrounding Recycling and Sustainability Pavilions will provide attendees with concentrated access to companies and technologies that have made it their business to address these themes and develop workable solutions.”
Additional information on the NPE2015 Zero Waste Zone can be found at www.npe.org/zero-waste-zone. Companies interested in participating should contact NPE Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.259.6132.