Intertek in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, has been recertified to the ISO 17025 quality standard and has added additional composites tests.
Th additional tests have been added to meet client-driven demand for testing of composites and constituents and include:
- Climbing Drum Peel (ASTM D1781);
- Compression of Composites (ASTM D3410);
- Tensile In-Plane Shear of Matrix Composites (ASTM D3518);
- Moisture Absorption and Equilibrium Conditioning (ASDTM D5229); and
- Mode I Fracture Toughness (ASTM D5528).
“Our clients drive everything we do in Pittsfield, and the expansion of our scope is a direct response to our clients need for testing of new composites materials in rigorous applications in automotive and other industries,” says James Galipeau, General Manager, Intertek Pittsfield.
“This is in addition to Nadcap which is in support of aerospace applications and displays Intertek’s commitment to quality in supporting a wide range of market sectors with advanced materials testing.”