FIPA presents: Compact ejector with blow-off boost for minimal cycle times
A highly dynamic vacuum generator for ultra-fast gripping and depositing in robotics Ultra-fast cycle times, compact design: the new ejector from FIPA is a vacuum generator for automation applications and uses vacuum cups for highly dynamic handling tasks. “The patented blow-off boost of the new ejector makes it economically feasible to precisely deposit a workpiece in milliseconds,” says Rainer Mehrer, CEO at FIPA.
The use of blow-off to dissipate a vacuum has come to be considered as state of the art technology. In this process, a valve diverts some of the compressed air directly to the vacuum cup instead of to the vacuum nozzle. This boost effect triples the blow-off flow, ensuring that workpieces are deposited quickly, gently and precisely.
A solenoid valve with a switching time of a few milliseconds enables ultra-short response times, making the ejector the perfect component for highly dynamic handli g processes. What makes this product innovative is that the blow-off flow is supplied not only via the compressed air line, but also from the ambient air, thus lowering the consumption of compressed air. Typical fields of application include Delta robots or Flexpickers in packaging technology, electronics production or microassembly. Precision depositing for grippers with multiple vacuum cups .The new ejector’s compact design and low weight make it ideal for integration into vacuum systems where each vacuum cup is supplied by a separate ejector.
The blow-off boost effect combined with the minimal response time enables workpieces to be deposited precisely and simultaneously. In contrast to grippers with a central ejector to supply the vacuum and a certain line length between the ejector and the vacuum cup, there is no lateral workpiece swinging due to different blow-off speeds. As a result, the new ejector with blow-off boost significantly improves both cycle time and handling precision.
The new ejector with blow-off boost at a glance:
- Fast blow-off: workpieces are deposited precisely and gently
- High process dynamics: light weight and very fast vacuum build up and dissipation allow quick gripping and depositing
- Compact design: each vacuum cup can be supplied with its own ejector, even in large gripper systems
- Robust and durable: solenoid valve withstands over 100 million switching operations
- Very short cycle time: ideal for robotic applications, such as Delta robots/Flexpickers
- High precision: grippers with one ejector per vacuum cup prevent lateral workpiece swinging due to different blow-off speeds
More Information : www.fipa.com