ELEKTRON Builds on Milacron’s Broad Array of All-Electric Injection Molding Machines
Batavia, Ohio – March 11, 2013 – For those plastics processors seeking a mid-size all-electric injection molding machine, look no further – Milacron announces the arrival of the new ELEKTRON, the latest addition to the company’s broad all-electric offer. The ELEKTRON will make its debut on display and in operation at Milacron’s 2013 Open House, April 24-25 in Batavia.
The ELEKTRON is a versatile mid-size machine ideal for a broad range of markets including medical, packaging, automotive and custom molding applications. Initially available in 400 and 500 tonnages, the ELEKTRON line will include 600- and 725-ton models later in the year. “Milacron already offers the broadest range in tonnage and performance in all-electric. On the smaller end, Roboshot does a great job serving all applications. And for high-tonnage, high-speed needs, the PowerPAK offers unparalleled performance,” said Eric Thompson, Milacron’s Electric Platform Product Manager.
“With its advantages for customers seeking a middle ground, The ELEKTRON is a perfect fit in our product portfolio.”
Adapted with proven technology from smaller sizes previously available in Europe and Asia, the ELEKTRON delivers benefits including:
- Clean clamping – A completely new, FEM-optimized clamp design with a greaseless part drop area and absolutely no hydraulic oil
- Optimal operation – Large mold opening strokes in a compact design, made possible by a robust 5-point toggle system
- Exceptional part quality – Due to a stroke accuracy of 0.01 mm
- Precision injection – Large shot sizes with pressure and speed specs matching Milacron’s proven global design
- Repeatability – Far superior to a hydraulic, enabling precise and accurate transfer position, cushion position and more
- Sensitive mold protection – Protects the largest non-machine asset – the tool
- Energy savings – Leveraging the same valuable energy regeneration feature proven on Milacron All-Electrics
The ELEKTRON is Milacron’s first U.S. machine to feature a completely new global guard format. It also features another new Milacron product – Endura Touch control – which combines the functionality of the Endura II control with the easy-to-use interface of the Mosaic control. Endura Touch includes a user-friendly 15-inch touch screen, an onboard energy monitor, and standard core pull software, robot interface and pneumatic valve gate interface.
ABOUT MILACRON LLC
Milacron LLC is committed to being the leading plastics processing solutions provider with world-class capabilities across all of its businesses: Milacron (Plastics Machinery), DME (Mold Technologies), Aftermarket (Parts and Service) and CIMCOOL® Fluid Technology (Metalworking Fluids and Services). Through its businesses, Milacron offers a broad portfolio of exceptional products and services, providing solutions for customers’ complex plastics needs. The people of Milacron’s companies know what matters in manufacturing, and every day, put this knowhow to work to help customers improve productivity, cut costs, increase energy efficiency, eliminate scrap and reduce cycle times.
For more information, visit www.milacron.com.