Elastocon Adds New Grade to Versatile 8000 Series TPE Line
ROCHESTER, IL (September 1, 2015) — Elastocon TPE Technologies, Inc. has increased its offerings of thermoplastic elastomers with the introduction of a new grade in its general purpose 8000 Series, specifically the newly formulated 8078B grade for applications for both consumer as well as industrial products.
The new 8078B offering can be injection molded, extruded or blow molded, and even overmolded (onto polypropylene) for products that call for rubber-like properties (Shore A 82) and a good surface finish. Available in black pellets in 1,000 lb. quantities and readily available from Elastocon stocks, the new grade offers processors a multiple benefits for a wide range of applications. Among the features, options and benefits are:
• High flow properties to enable complex part design
• High impact resistance
• Excellent cold weather stability
• Requires less material usage during processing
• UV stable
• Heavily lubricated versions available to eliminate post mold lubricant application
• Resists chlorine and most sanitizers as well as must household cleaning products
• Product does not support microbial growth
• Excellent cold weather resistance
Elastocon® offers high performance TPE solutions that are innovative and robust, designed to meet the toughest requirements of modern TPE designs. They are offered in seven product families: unfilled, filled, super clear, TPOs, oil free for medical use, flame retardant and special colorable ESD formulations.