Clariant’s solutions for the plastics industry unveiled for K 2013
• Centered on Clariant`s Performance, People, Planet commitment
• Additives, pigments and masterbatches solutions focused on sustainability and differentiation
• K 2013, Hall 8a Booth J11, October 16-23, 2013
Muttenz, June 6, 2013 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, reveals the first of the new product innovations and service enhancements integral to its solutions for the plastics industry which will be showcased at K 2013 (Booth J11, Hall 8a). Show visitors will be able to experience Clariant’s new customer- and segment-oriented approach, with its commitment to Performance – People – Planet at the heart of all featured developments.
“K 2013 is an exciting opportunity for Clariant to show the plastics industry the philosophy of our new branding, to prove how important the core values of Performance, People, Planet are to us by bringing value creating innovations and services to our customers,” comments Christian Kohlpaintner, Member of the Executive Committee at Clariant. “We are convinced our new approach puts us on the right path to develop and to market the products and support required to respond to the sector’s needs.”
Solutions will be firmly focused on supporting efforts by the plastics and coatings sector to achieve greater cost-efficiency, improved environmental performance, and product differentiation, including:• AddWorks™, the new branding for Clariant’s Polymer Additives, will bring customers innovative solutions from the world of polymer additives, developed to address specific needs for defined applications of the various segments of the plastics industry.
• Solutions for engineering plastics. With a stable and reliable supply of its montan waxes and flame retardants ensured, Clariant offers outstanding performance for demanding plastics applications.Clariant continues to expand its toolbox of cutting-edge, efficient phosphinate flame retardants with new tailor made synergistic formulations presented at K 2013. These include Exolit® OP 1400 for polyamides with special requirements and Exolit OP 1260 for polyesters. Besides its performance in application, the Exolit OP product line is also well known for its good environmental and health profile.
From its broad portfolio of specialty waxes, Clariant will focus on the added-value for plastics manufacturers offered by montan wax specialties, such as Licomont® NaV 101 and CaV 102, which significantly reduce cycle times and provide excellent release and flow properties for injection molded polyamides and polyesters. The innovative Licocene® grades are also highlighted for high performance masterbatches.
The new AddWorks Polymer Additives Solutions, such as Addworks ATR for automotive, or Addworks ELC for E&E, will further contribute to expanding the features of engineering plastics in terms of polymer protection, process stabilization, productivity improvement or energy savings, and will be specifically designed according to the technical and economical requirements of the different segments.
• New integrated system for liquid masterbatches. Clariant brings liquid masterbatches to life at K 2013 with a new integrated system designed to enhance product properties and process parameters for its customers and fulfill their international service needs. Its new integrated liquid masterbatches system further extends Clariant’s developed applications for different processing environments and different polymer requirements which have been achieved over the last few years.
The global sales and service network, selling liquid and pellet masterbatches, is a core element of Clariant’s liquid masterbatches system and enables Clariant to work with its customers to design a unique and advantageous granule, additive and/or liquid masterbatches solution. This offers customers an unbiased recommendation depending on their specific situation. In addition, the global sales and service network guarantees fast and successful system installations and international product launches.
Clariant’s Liquid Masterbatches carrier technologies are designed for a variety of different polymer and production processes and, together with Liquid Masterbatches dosing- and handling – systems, provide the flexible way to advance plastics. Recent development focus has been on advancing EBM monolayer production processes. Clariant’s Liquid Masterbatches EBM monolayer systems offer a significant reduction in color change time, and a trouble-free and continuous manufacturing process. In addition, its liquid masterbatch technology limits the influence on product properties, achieving an excellent appearance.