Our birthday has a precise reference to March 6th, 1953. On that day, our founder Gennaro Cirielli patented in Milan the first sealing pincers for plastic bags. Many things have happened in these 60 years, but the original patent and the prototype of the pincers (produced until the ‘80es) that represent our heritage have always been with us, following us in the moves that brought us from the original small workshop in Milan to our present location in Cernusco sul Naviglio industrial area.
We have been making bag sealers for 60 years, starting when PE was the only plastic available film, on to seal PP, BOPP, coextruded and multi-layer films, bio-degradable films. Our range of bag sealers has grown, and in 1968 a second line was started, for fully automatic bag making machines to produce special items such as cone bags for flowers, disposable gloves, round bottom bags and the like.
The company is now in the hands of the family’s 3rd generation, and we still make machines in our factory. As manufacturers, in addition to the basic range, we can supply special machines and sealing bars for special applications; we can face new challenges in plastic sealing because this has always been our job, and we know what we are doing.
To celebrate our 60 birthday we decided to donate the 1953 prototype of the sealing pincers to Milan’s Museum of Science and Technology. This prestigious institution has a section dedicated to plastic materials, sponsored by Assocomaplast, the association of Italian manufacturers of plastic machinery.
The Museum accepted the donation “on the policy of acquiring an historical patrimony of importance for the story of science, technology and industry”. Our little 1953 pincers thus become a public heritage, managed by the Ministry of Culture on behalf of the Italian State.